Only four days left before the first Filipina Miss World Megan Young crowns her successor. Hopes are high that a back-to-back will happen on December 14 and Miss Philippines Valerie Weigmann is determined to bring that crown home.
So far, Valerie’s only challenge event placement is in the Top 10 of Beauty With A Purpose. The results of the Beach Fashion and Multimedia fast tracks are yet to be announced, although pageant observers believe Valerie is a top contender for the latter. As of this writing, her Facebook page has 331,527 likes.
Aside from liking and commenting on her FB page, we can also extend our support to Miss Philippines by voting for her for the Miss World 2014 People’s Choice Award, which could give the winner a ticket to the final round of the pageant.
To do so, follow these steps:
1) Download the Miss World app on iTunes or Google Play Store.
2) Launch the app. Scroll down to find the “Your Top 3” section and click “Browse candidates”.
3) On the search bar, type the name of the country. Click on the candidate’s profile on the results below.
4) On the candidate’s profile page, click “Add to Top 3”. Do the same for two other candidates you want to include in the Top 3.
5) Soon as you complete your Top 3, click “Vote Now”. You will be redirected to a page to confirm that you have voted for your favorites.
You will get a bonus set of three votes if you choose to subscribe to the app, which means Valerie will get two votes from you!
Voting will close before the Miss World 2014 final show.